Welcome to the reviewer. We review movies, money making opportunities, online stores,
products, music and everything else that you can think of.







Light Up Lightsaber Swords Review

I had the luxury this past Halloween of buying not only a light up ninja sword accessory for my little ninja son, but I also had the luxury of buying some light up swords for my other son, who was Darth Vader for Halloween. Of course we had to get a red lightsaber for my son since Darth Vader as well as all siths use a red lightsaber.

So my online search began, and I was surprised to find that there were lightsabers being sold out there that were over $100. After doing a bit more research on lightsabers, I found that there are lightsabers out there being sold for nearly $1000, and believe it or not you can actually get a lightsaber out there that looks 100 percent real but can't actually cut off any arms or legs for around 50 million dollars. If we want to take it even further, a real lightsaber that can actually slice an arm off or block bullets would cost you approximately 80 billion dollars. Can you get one? Highly doubtful. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the U.S. military’s department of building really awesome weaponry can certainly make a real lightsaber. They would have to be insane to spend that kind of money on making a lightsaber though when they have other really important projects to take care of. Remember, they have a budget too. In other words, it will not happen.

With all of that said, what I was looking for was just a plain old red lightsaber to go with my kids Darth Vader costume. I was willing to spend fifty dollars on it. The lightsaber that caught my attention was the
The Anakin to Darth Vader Color Change Lightsaber.and the price was about right. What really caught my attention was that it was like having two lightsabers in one as you could use it in Anakin mode or Darth Vader mode. So basically the sword could be blue whenever you felt the need for the force or you could have the sword display red if you felt the dark side within you. It also had sound effects and Darth Vader breathing sounds. This Star Wars Anakin to Darth Vader color changing lightsaber is definitely one of the best lightsabers out there that you can find. After 3 months of use and some battling duels, it is just as good as new. It is a very strong lightsaber. I must note here though that my son did not want this one but I got it for him anyways.

My son instead wanted a 3 pack of swords that offered a single red lightsaber, a single blue lightsaber and a single green lightsaber. When I looked at the swords he wanted, I was pretty sure that I already knew the type of swords that they were. They looked like the plastic swords that are usually sold at carnivals and fairs. The price for these swords was very cheap. For $20 you received 3 swords. This came out to just over $6 per sword. I purchased this 3 pack of lightsaber swords for him to satisfy him but told him that he would have to use these swords on Halloween if I bought them and not the Anakin to Darth Vader Lightsaber. He agreed and we received the package. The 3 swords were just like I expected. They were made of plastic and each sword had a solid color. One red sword (which my son would use for Halloween), a green sword and a blue sword. Each sword was about 28 inches long, and I must say that for the price these things were great. His red sword was very bright in the dark during Halloween and complemented his costume. Though not used on Halloween night, the green and blue sword also displayed very bright. For being on the lower end of lightsaber quality, the 3 pack lightsaber bundle worked great, and I was completely satisfied. Later that night, there was a lot of sword fighting going on and of course my Anakin to Darth Vader lightsaber easily won the battle. For anybody considering the 3 pack lightsaber package, I will warn you that rough play with them is not the best thing. Don't get me wrong, they are great for display and show but will not hold up to a heavy dual. A nice friendly dual would work, but kids who get really physical with them will break them mighty fast.



Rating for Anakin to Darth Vader Lightsaber: 10.0
Rating for 3 Pack Lightsabers 8.0 
Rating for 3 Pack Lightsabers for Show 9.5

For those interested in the more high quality lightsabers (which I did not purchase), I would recommend checking out these swords.

Star Wars Master Replicas Return of the Jedi Episode VI green Luke Skywalker Jedi Night Force FX Lightsaber

Star Wars Signature Series Force FX Lightsaber - Anakin Skywalker

Also, there are Wicked Lasers Laser Sabers which you can see in the video below. Although these are not toys and are intended for the serious star wars fan. It may be worth a look.


0 comments: