Welcome to the reviewer. We review movies, money making opportunities, online stores,
products, music and everything else that you can think of.

American Soldiers - Review

Plot Description Listed First - Review Follows


Iraq, present day: during a routine sortie a US patrol is ambushed and the young soldiers are forced to put their training and skills into action fast. A determined foe with superior local knowledge, the Fedayeen insurgents soon draw them into close quarter combat and a desperate fight for survival.


This movie is basically a day in the life of a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The movie starts out early in the morning and ends in the evening with the soldiers getting into a lot of shit for one day. First off, I have never been in the military but a couple of Co-Workers of mine told me that this movie was really fake and how the soldiers didn't use teamwork the way soldiers in real life do. One other point that they said is that we never leave our dead. OK, I don't know because I never been in the military but one has to remember, this is a Hollywood movie. This movie is really different from most movies, it had no real plot and to tell you the truth I was kind of bored with it during the first half of watching it. It got a little better at the end though. One thing I noticed through out the movie though is that none of these guys knew how to aim their weapons. Both sides were missing each other like crazy. I heard that a lot of these actors were criticized for this movie but that is nonsense, did a great job. One thing about movies like this is that they always get me thinking though about Iraq, it's people and Islam and it pisses me off. One guy in the movie mentions Ala and I'm not getting religious here or anything but I just trip out how Ala wants them to kill non Muslims and so on. Hey, Jesus Christ does not order me to kill people from other religions. Don't the Iraq people realize that if the United States wanted to they could just go in there and take over the whole land and turn them all into slaves. Of course that's not the American way but I'm just saying. Oh well, for the good people over there, have mercy. I'm sure there are many good people in Iraq, maybe 10% of them - I don't know! It's just the idiots who give their race a bad name (the other 90%). Oh, I better get back to the movie. American Soldiers is a cool movie to watch if your bored and got nothing to do but I wouldn't make it the planned main movie to watch on a Blockbuster night. I'd give it a C+ grade.