Welcome to the reviewer. We review movies, money making opportunities, online stores,
products, music and everything else that you can think of.







Vineland Drive In Theater - Review

The Vineland Drive in is located in the Industry / La Puente area of the San Gabriel Valley in Southern California. To the best of my knowledge, it is the only drive-in that is still in existence in Los Angeles County. There used to be hundreds and hundreds of drive in theaters in the 60's and 70's. I can remember years ago when I was a kid (the 80's), going to drive-in theaters in Azusa, Van Nuys and one over on Whittier Blvd in the East LA / Montebello area to name a few, but over the years all of these drive-in theaters have shut their doors.



I took my kids to the Vineland drive-in about a year ago and they loved it. They had no idea what a drive-in was and had to ask me what that was when I offered to take them there. It had been such a long time since I had been to a drive-in that I was looking for the little thing that you had to hook up onto your antenna. I quickly learned that with satellites and technology, all of that is not necessary any more. All you have to do now is just put the correct radio station on and your set. Might I mention on FM radio too! There was not a lot of people there but my kids didn't care at all about who was there or not, we had a good time.


A few months later, my kids wanted to go to the Vineland drive-in theater again. We went and the place was packed, there was a long line of cars waiting to get in. I couldn't believe it! It was the scenery that I remember the drive-in theater being like as a kid! I might add that it was the weekend and it was the opening day for a big movie. I can't remember the movie, but I'm thinking that it could have been the Transformers. My kids really enjoyed themselves again and with the place being so crowded, it seemed to make it even more exciting for them. For me, heck I was just happy that so many people still appreciate the good old classic drive-in theater.

For anyone who wants to get out for an evening, the drive-in theater is still a cool place to go. Yes, even here in the 2000's. Since drive-in theaters are not on every corner anymore, you may want to do a Google search to find if there are any drive-in theaters in your County. Los Angeles County residence will have to visit the Vineland Drive-In. For directions and general information you can call 626-961-9262.

0 comments: